- Woman: I'm smart
- Patriarchy: Well you're probably ugly then
- Woman: I'm creative
- Patriarchy: You mean unattractive right?
- Woman: I have all these incredible accomplishments
- Patriarchy: Yeah but look how ugly you looked doing them
- Woman: I have value
- Patriarchy: Not if you're ugly lol
- Woman: I'm conventionally-attractive & posted self-photos on my blog
- Patriarchy: I'm so sick of these empty-headed chicks only caring about their looks. Just because you are attractive and get attention from men doesn't mean you are special or deserve respect. Why don't you read a book or do something productive with your life you dumb slut
Hello ladies & gents!
Another impromptu sale is upon us. This is simply to tell you guys THANK YOU. Thank you for over a year of support, well wishes and the friendly push many of you have given me during my time of doubt.
The sale will be on April, 13, 2013. Everything will be 15% off and the promo code is: APPRECIATION15.
Jean Michel Basqiuat (Painting above)
The responsibilities of being labeled great amongst your peers or for your generation can come as a burden that weakens most to new vices that bring about demise.
Keep your camp sharp and your surroundings familiar. Over confidence is your biggest enemy…
- The original post only has US helplines. I've added UK helplines underneath. It would be great if people could add numbers from everywhere in the world.
- Depression Hotline: 1-630-482-9696
- Suicide Hotline: 1-800-784-8433
- LifeLine: 1-800-273-8255
- Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386
- Sexuality Support: 1-800-246-7743
- Eating Disorders Hotline: 1-847-831-3438
- Rape and Sexual Assault: 1-800-656-4673
- Grief Support: 1-650-321-5272
- Runaway: 1-800-843-5200, 1-800-843-5678, 1-800-621-4000
- Exhale: After Abortion Hotline/Pro-Voice: 1-866-4394253
- Child Abuse: 1-800-422-4453
- UK Helplines:
- Samaritans (for any problem): 08457909090 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Childline (for anyone under 18 with any problem): 08001111
- Mind infoline (mental health information): 0300 123 3393 e-mail: email@example.com
- Mind legal advice (for people who need mental-health related legal advice): 0300 466 6463 firstname.lastname@example.org
- b-eat eating disorder support: 0845 634 14 14 (only open Mon-Fri 10.30am-8.30pm and Saturday 1pm-4.30pm) e-mail: email@example.com
- b-eat youthline (for under 25's with eating disorders): 08456347650 (open Mon-Fri 4.30pm - 8.30pm, Saturday 1pm-4.30pm)
- Cruse Bereavement Care: 08444779400 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frank (information and advice on drugs): 0800776600
- Drinkline: 0800 9178282
- Rape Crisis England & Wales: 0808 802 9999 1(open 2 - 2.30pm 7 - 9.30pm) e-mail email@example.com
- Rape Crisis Scotland: 08088 01 03 02 every day, 6pm to midnight
- Some Italian numbers, I'm sorry they're not all.
- Telefono Amico (for support in case of depression, solitude, all kind of emotional needs): 199 284 284 (every day, 10am - 24pm)
- Telefono Azzurro (for kids and teenagers): 1 96 96 (24h a day, 365 days a year); 114 (for immediate danger, 24h every day)
- Antiviolenza Donne (for women victims of any sort of violence): 1522 (24h every day)
- Alcolisti Anonimi (Alcoholics anonymous): 06 66.36.620
- Them: Marriage should be between a man and a woman.
- Me: Why?
- Them: Because it's bad for the children. They need a mother and a father.
- Me: So you're saying that single and widowed people shouldn't be allowed to adopt or keep their children?
- Them: Well... no... but... it's bad for children to be raised in a home with same-sex parents.
- Me: Actually, the American Academy of Pediatrics says that children raised in same-sex households fair just as well as those in opposite-sex households.
- Them: Um... Well it's not fair for the Federal Government to dictate a Pro-Gay Agenda to the entire country.
- Me: But it's okay for the Federal Government to dictate an anti-Gay Agenda to the entire country...
- Them: But Same-sex Marriage will ruin the sanctity of Marriage!
- Me: So you're all for making divorce illegal, then, since you love marriage so much?
- Them: Well, no... but repealing DoMA will force churches to marry gay couples even though it's against their religion.
- Me: DoMA refers to legal marriages. It has no effect on your Homophobic Religion.
- Them: But Gay Marriage is wrong.
- Me: According to whom?
- Them: Jesus.
- Me: Jesus never said anything about Homosexuality at all.
- Them: Well the Bible then.
- Me: That's Unconstitutional.
- Them: The Founding Fathers didn't have gay people. They would oppose Gay Marriage.
- Me: The Founding Fathers wouldn't approve of mixing Religion with Law.
- Them: Well...
- Them: ...
- Them: ...
- Them: Gay people are gross.
- Me: There it is.